These terms and conditions apply to all users of Cotswold Allure. If You do not accept these terms then You should immediately stop using this Cotswold Allure. Your use of the Cotswold Allure confirms Your acceptance of these terms. We will not be liable to You for any interruption or delay that You experience in accessing the Cotswold Allure, whatever the cause.
No metatags, hyperlinks or other forms of linkage whatsoever to any other website may be imposed on the Website unless express prior permission has been given. Access to particular areas of the Website may be subject to additional terms to which You confirm Your acceptance of by entering the particular areas. If You do not accept those terms then You should immediately stop using those pages.
Cotswold Allure does not warrant that functions contained in the Website content will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected or that the Content or the Server(s) are available free of viruses or bugs.
Cotswold Allure is made available on the basis that there are excluded, to the extent permitted by law, any terms implied by statute or otherwise and all liability for any loss or damage however it arises out of the use of this Website or reliance on its content.
Variation of these terms & conditions.
We reserve the right to make changes to any part of Cotswold Allure at any time. It may therefore be necessary to change these Terms and Conditions. If You use any of Cotswold Allure after we have published such changes, You will be agreeing to be bound to those changes. If you do not agree to be bound by the changes then you should immediately stop using Cotswold Allure.
“Cotswold Allure” and any subsidiary from time to time of Cotswold Allure also referred to as “We”, “Us” and “Our”. Subsidiary has the meaning given in section 1159 of the Companies Act 2006.
“Websites” means the websites and mobile sites (including their constituent pages) with their home pages published by Cotswold Allure; and any other website, mobile site or web address owned or operated by a member of Cotswold Allure as may link to these Terms and Conditions from time to time.
“Contributions” and “Sponsors” any unsolicited material, including (but not limited to) verbal, e-mail, video, letters, texts, digital photographs or other images.
Jurisdiction and applicable law.
Your use of this Website, these terms and conditions and any matters arising are subject to the laws of England and Wales. Any dispute is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England. Save as specifically provided otherwise, this Website is targeted only at, and goods and services are only available to, UK residents.
Copyright and Advertising Rights
Cotswold Allure holds copyright and advertising right to everything published by Cotswold Allure, which includes all content from a Cotswold Allure writer and a Cotswold Allure photographer and any person or business hired to write or photograph for Cotswold Allure.
Use of any copyrighted content without written and signed permission will be treated as copyright theft. In certain situations, for example use of content for monetary gains, copyright theft could involve an infringement fee of up to £5000.00 per copyright infringement.
All material on this website is protected by copyright. You must not use it for reproduction on any other Website, or in any way for commercial purposes or gain not listed below (where a separate licence is required) unless You first obtain Our written consent.
The following systematic creation and/or use of links to this website require a separate licence:
- utilising links to this website received as part of a paid-for media monitoring service; and/or
- systematically forwarding links to this website within a business or outside a business for business purposes; and/or
- copying or extracting data from this website by means of robots, spiders, crawlers or other automatic devices or by any manual process used to systematically extract or copy web content.
- Any such use of this website is prohibited without an appropriate licence.
Where any part of the Website requires that You register in order to use it, You are obliged to provide accurate and complete registration information. It is Your responsibility to update and maintain any changes to that information (including Your e-mail address) by altering Your details as appropriate.
Registration is at Your own risk and We will not be liable for any unauthorised transactions made using Your user name, pin number or password
Contributions, notice boards, and chat rooms.
By submitting any material to Cotswold Allure, You automatically grant Cotswold Allure the royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable right and license to use, reproduce, modify, edit, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform and display such material (in whole or part) worldwide and/or to incorporate it in other works in any form, media, or technology now known or later developed for the full term of any rights that may exist in such content. You acknowledge:
- We may select or reject any material for publication at Our sole discretion and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Material submitted by You may be published in any publication or Website produced or published by Cotswold Allure and/or may be supplied by Us for publication by third parties at Our discretion.
- You are over 18 years of age and You are the bill payer or have the permission of the bill payer to send Us the material.
- Your email address and password are personal to You and You must not allow anyone else to use them.
- You must not impersonate any other user of the website or do anything to assist an unregistered user to gain access to the website.
- That where We reasonably believe that You may be in breach of any applicable law (such as, but not limited, to posting content that is defamatory), We may provide Your personal data to the relevant third party or their legal representative.
You further agree that by submitting any material to Us, You also waive all Your moral rights in such materials and agree not to contribute any material:
- That is threatening, defamatory, intentionally offensive abusive, liable to incite racial hatred, pornographic, obscene, in breach of confidence, in breach of privacy; or
- That is discriminatory against race, religion, disability, sexual orientation or gender; or
- For which You have not obtained all necessary licences and/or approvals; or
- Which constitutes or encourages conduct that would be considered a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise be contrary to the law of or infringe the rights of any third party, in the UK; or
- That is in breach of the rights of any third party; or
- Which is technically harmful (including, without limitation, computer viruses, logic bombs, Trojan horses, worms, harmful components, corrupted data or other malicious software or harmful data) You further agree that if You knowingly send any material which is technically harmful that Cotswold Allure retains the right at its sole discretion to pursue You for all legal fees (including its own and those of any third party), damages and other expenses that may be incurred as a result of Your actions; or
- that makes any commercial or business use of the website or post any material which comprises advertising promotional or marketing material of any kind, nor will You set up any links from the Website to any other website; or
- that is not original to You and You grant Us a royalty-free irrevocable and perpetual licence to use, reproduce in whole or in part, modify and adapt such material and authorize others to do so in any media now known or in future developed in any part of the world; and
- that You understand and agree that any breach of these warranties may cause Us damage and loss and You agree to indemnify Us and keep Us at all times fully indemnified from and against all claims, costs, loss or damage incurred by Us directly or indirectly as a result of any material posted by You on the website or any use by You of the website.
We will fully co-operate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing Us to disclose the identity or locate anyone posting material in breach of this clause. We may also disclose the identity to relevant third parties of anyone We reasonably believe has submitted content which is defamatory.
- Disclaimer of Liability: Use of the Website is entirely at Your risk. We do not accept any liability or responsibility for any third party material appearing on the website or for the nature or content of such material: We do not control such material nor do We examine or edit postings prior to their appearance on the website. For the avoidance of doubt, to the fullest extent permissible by law, We are not liable for any loss or damage caused as a result of Your viewing material on the website or Your use of the website (save for death or personal injury if caused by Our negligence).
- We reserve the right (but do not assume the obligation) without notice to remove any material which We in Our sole discretion deem to be harmful, offensive or otherwise in breach of these terms and conditions and/or to terminate the registration of any person who We in Our sole discretion deem in breach of these terms and conditions. This is without prejudice to any of Our rights at law all of which are specifically reserved.
By Accessing or Posting any information You confirm You have read and agreed to the above terms and conditions.
The winner(s) may be notified by email and the results may be published on this Website and/or in the paper. We reserve the right to report details of competition winners, to take photographs (or other visual media) and to publish such media. The prize must be taken as offered with no alternative. In the event that the prize cannot be supplied no liability will attach to Cotswold Allure. Entry into any competition does not give rise to any binding agreement between the parties. When prizes are supplied by third parties We are acting as their agents and as such We exclude all liability for loss or damage You may suffer as a result of any Competition. The editor of the relevant publication or Website decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Employees of Cotswold Allure and the prize provider and their immediate families and agents may not enter.
Premium Rate SMS Competitions.
The following terms and conditions will govern the competitions using Premium Rate SMS and are in addition to the all other websites terms and conditions and any specific conditions stipulated on the competition page of the website or newspaper.
Competitions are open to UK residents only.
Cotswold Allure (or the relevant distributor or operator of the mobile service) will always notify You of the charges for entering a premium rate competition. For example, when entering a competition, the newspaper or website on which the competition was featured will inform You of the price for entry. Please note that Your network operator may also charge an additional standard messaging fee for any SMS sent or received by You. You should consult Your network operator for further details of these standard costs.
Charges for entering a competition will be deducted from Your available credit time if You are a pre-pay customer or will appear on Your monthly statement if You are a pay monthly customer.
Entries received the closing date of the competition will be invalid and will not be entered into the competition but may still be charged.
You must obtain the permission of the person paying the bill for the relevant mobile device.
There is no email or postal entry for premium rate competitions.
Entries on behalf of another person are void and will not be counted but may still be charged.
You must comply with any directions given to you by Us but not limited to any and all relevant laws, rules and regulations, and where applicable, compliance with the Ofcom Broadcasting Code and PhonePayPlus Code of Practice.
You will be deemed to have accepted all Terms and Conditions and to agree to be bound by them by entering a competition.
By entering the Competition You agree that Cotswold Allure may contact You by email, post or SMS with offers that may be of interest. You will not be charged for receiving these messages and You may opt out anytime by texting STOP to the originating number.
Software and security.
We are not responsible for any technical or other issues that may arise if You download software from an external third party
Third party websites.
This website provides links to other websites. These links are for Your convenience only and do not signify that We endorse or undertake any responsibility for the content of or any transactions that You enter into relating to those linked sites. Use of third party websites is entirely at Your own risk.
The Website and/or the services contain content owned by Cotswold Allure. The Content is protected by copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret and other laws. Cotswold Allure owns and retains all rights in the Content and the Website and the Services. Cotswold Allure does not grant you any limited, revocable, non-sublicensable licence to reproduce and display the Content (excluding any software code) solely for Your personal, non-commercial use in connection with viewing the Website and using the Services.
On breach of copyright, YOU maybe contacted by Cotswold Allure and, if the copyright material has been used online, YOU will be asked to remove the copyright material. Otherwise you maybe asked to cover basics costs of the material, and/or if YOU have gained financially from the copyright materials, YOU could receive a fine of no less than £5000.00.
The Website and the Services contain content owned by Users and other licensors (“Third Party Content”). Except for Content posted by You, You may not, unless specifically authorised by Cotswold Allure in writing, copy, modify, translate, publish, reproduce, commercially exploit, broadcast, transmit, distribute, perform, display, or sell any content appearing on or through the Website or the Services.
GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation)
Cotswold Allure is committed to respecting Your privacy. This statement sets out how Cotswold Allure Websites comply with European Community data protection requirements.
This privacy statement applies to this Website only – it does not cover other websites to which We may provide links, or to Cotswold Allure Websites other than those operated by Cotswold Allure.
Cotswold Allure writers and content producers.
If you are a Cotswold Allure writer or content producer (for example, produce articles or photographs or video for Cotswold Allure) then you understand that some private information is purposely published about you. This information may include links to your website/s, links to your social media, a description about yourself and photograph of yourself.
Platform and Plugins.
Cotswold Allure Magazine uses multiple plugins to help keep us running smoothly, all of which comply with GDPR. (Please note that without physically monitoring every company with a physical presence, it is completely impossible to regulate whether they are true to their compliance with GDPR, we can only go by what they say.)
Our plugin types include:
- Google Analytics.
- Search Engine Optimisation.
- Payment Gateways.
- Article Comments.
- Contact Forms.
Whenever you request a page through your browser, navigation and click stream data such as:
- Your IP address
- Browser and version
- Operating system
- Date and time
- Site from which you came
This information is stored in a log file and/or database. Any search terms that you enter into Cotswold Allure Magazine search are also logged. This information cannot be used to identify specific individuals, and is only used for:
- Website and system administration
- Research and development
- Anonymous user analysis
- To gather accurate statistics to advertisers in the form of aggregated data
This information is stored on a secure dedicated server.
Is it possible to access the Website without disclosing personal data?
Yes. You can visit the Website without identifying Yourself or revealing any personal information. Once You choose to provide Us with any information by which You can be identified, it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
What information do We collect?
We collect the personal data that You volunteer on forms You submit to Us (for example in registering for membership services), and in emails You send to Us.
Where You can Order products, We will collect Your name, contact and billing information, transaction and credit card information.
Do we collect Cookies?
Yes. Cookies are a technology which can be used to provide you with tailored information from a Website. A cookie is an element of data that a Website can send to your browser, and which your browser may then store on your system. You can set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie. Doing this will allow you to decide on a case-by-case basis whether to accept cookies or not.
Cookies on this site are used by us, and our ad management system, Cookies are used for:
- Ad tracking,
- Affiliate tracking
- Customization of content (i.e. not repeating pop-up windows)
- Storing login information
- Statistical site-traffic analysis
Registering via a Social Network.
If You choose to register via a Social Network on our registration page (“Social Network Registration”), You acknowledge and consent for Your data held by the Social Network site (subject to the Social Networks Terms and Conditions) to be processed and shared via a third party whom may be based outside of the European Economic Area and for such data to be processed by Us. During Social Network Registration we will obtain your name, email address and other profile information dependent on the social network used. Your social network password is not shared with us.
What do We do with the information We gather?
We require this information to understand Your needs and provide You with a better service. We will also use it to send You the information You have requested – for example details of houses for sale and jobs which match Your requirements.
We may contact You for market research purposes or to give You information about new features on the Website. You will only be contacted if You have given Us authority to do so.
Do We disclose Your personal data to third parties?
We will ensure that Your personal data will not be disclosed to third parties except insofar as:
- You have consented to such disclosure; or
- We are required to do so by law; or
- We receive a court order requesting or directing Us to so; or
- We reasonably believe that You may be in breach of any applicable law (such as but not limited to posting content that is defamatory), when We may provide Your personal data to the relevant third party or their legal representative.
Your personal data may be disclosed to other companies within the Cotswold Allure.
Can I see the information You hold about me? And can I amend it?
You may request details of personal information which We hold about You. If You would like a copy of the information, please write to David Savill, 4 Dimore close, Hardwicke, Gloucester, GL24QQ, or email email@example.com. A £15 fee is payable for all requests made under the Data Protection Act.
If You believe that any information We are holding on You is incorrect, please write or e-mail Us to the above address. We will correct any information which was found to be incorrect within 28 days and without charge.
If You have agreed to the disclosure of personal information and to receiving marketing and promotional information, but no longer wish to do so, then please contact Us at 07719 746223.
Do We gather any other information?
Yes, We use independent measurement and research companies who gather non-personal data regarding the visitors to Our website on Our behalf using cookies and code. Both the cookies and the embedded code provide non-personal statistical information about visits to pages on the website, the duration of individual page view, paths taken by visitors through the website, data on visitors’ screen settings and other general information. Cotswold Allure uses this type of information, as with that obtained from other cookies used on the website, to help it improve the services to its users.
From time to time We may provide additional services for You to download. However, the download time may vary considerably between the types of content and You agree that You are wholly liable and responsible for any telephone call and/or other charges incurred in downloading the same.
Third Party Sites.
A contract for Us to supply You with goods or services will only be created when We accept Your Order (which We may do in writing, by email or by fulfilling that Order). Goods and services advertised on this Website may not actually be available when You place Your Order as We reserve the right to withdraw services at any time.
Once We accept Your Order We will inform You in writing of the details of Your Order, the price of the goods including taxes and delivery costs, arrangements for payment and delivery, and Your/Our obligations
We shall deliver Your goods within a maximum of 30 days beginning with the date of the Order. If goods are not available, Cotswold Allure will inform You and reimburse any sum already paid within 30 days.
You have the right to cancel the contract for whatever reason within seven working days (“cooling off” period) from the date that You receive the goods (or, for services, the date of conclusion of the contract) or from the date the written confirmation is provided if later. This right to cancel does not apply to Excluded Contracts.
Certain contracts are excluded from the right to cancel and You will not automatically have the right to cancel these contracts. For example, contracts for customised goods (e.g. advertisements) or those which deteriorate rapidly (e.g. food and perishable items) and contracts for the supply of video or audio recordings or computer software that is unsealed by You.
If You cancel the contract We will re-imburse You as soon as possible. In any event, Cotswold Allure will refund You within 30 days of the notice of cancellation, without any charge other than the direct cost of returning the goods.
Where You return the goods by post, You are under a duty to take reasonable care to see that they are received and not damaged in transit.
You agree to indemnify and hold Cotswold Allure, its subsidiaries, and affiliates, and their respective officers, agents, partners and employees, harmless from any loss, liability, demand, claim or legal proceedings brought or threatened, including expenses of any character suffered or incurred arising out of Your use of the Website or the Services in violation of this Agreement, and/or arising from Your use of or conduct on the Website or in use of the Services and/or a breach of this Agreement.