“Delicious, fluffy vegan and gluten-free pancakes,
super charged with protein, energising carbohydrates and good fats.”
Why do we only eat pancakes on pancake day? They’re an absolutely perfect base to start any healthy day with, especially with the recipe I’m about to share with you here…
These delicious pancakes are really easy to make, packed full of plant protein, complex carbohydrates, fiber, vitamins, minerals and good fats. Buckwheat is a very beneficial ingredient to incorporate into your diet. It has nothing to do with wheat. it’s actually a gluten free seed from the buckwheat plant.
BUCKWHEAT & COCONUT PANCAKES
(Makes: 6 medium sized pancakes)
Buckwheat flour – 125g
Coconut milk – 200ml
Water – 200ml
Lemon juice – 20ml
Baking soda – 2g (1 level teaspoon)
Baking powder – 2g (1 level teaspoon)
Maple syrup – 60ml
Peanut butter – 50g
Pinch of salt
Rapeseed or coconut oil for frying pancakes
Top with some local honey or maple syrup, coconut yogurt, seeds and fresh berries
- Weighing Scales / Sieve / Whisk
- Spatula / Tin Opener / Citrus juicer
- Spoon / Mixing Bowls / Frying Pan
- Weigh out all ingredients.
- Sift flour, baking soda and baking powder into mixing bowl.
- In another bowl whisk together the lemon juice, maple, coconut cream, water and nut butter.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients, whisk until you get a smooth mixture
- Add a pinch of salt
- Add more water as needed, depending on how thick your coconut cream was.
- Allow batter to rest for at least 30 minutes.
- Heat up your frying pan with some oil.
- Pour pancake batter into the hot pan.
- Cook until bubbles start to form on the top and the pancake is cooked on one side, then flip carefully.
- Fry until nicely browned on the other side and serve.
Share how yours came out with us across Social Media: #CotswoldAllure #HolisticChef …Happy Pancake Day!