January and February seem to be the months where we’re getting ourselves back into a routine and feeling relatively normal again. We’re all guilty of late nights over the Christmas and New Year period, giving us less time to rejuvenate and enjoy a great night’s sleep.
Therefore my lifestyle beauty tip is to challenge yourself to think of sleep as something to indulge in.
Think of your bedtime as an experience, so when you actually hit the pillow you have a deep, well earned sleep.
We often we forget how important sleep is. Let me remind you – It’s a free anti-ager, a free immune booster; it rejuvenates and heals our bodies and skin simply through rest.
So why do we still stay up watching something rubbish on the TV or doing emails until god knows a clock, when we could quite literally be making ourselves look more beautiful in a blink of an eye?
I challenge you at your next bedtime, to give extra thought to the process.
- Unwind: Take a hot bath or shower before. Then use your favorite lotions and potions; perhaps products that are scented with essential oils like lavender and ylang ylang.
- Keep snug: As it’s winter why not make a hot water bottle and put it under the sheets before you get in.
- Soothe your senses: Use essential oils like lavender that you can spritz onto the pillow, calm your senses and relax.
- Let go: Let go of the day’s events,and lie back imagining every muscle in your body getting heavier and heavier until you drift off to sleep.
A good night’s rest will not only help you to wake up calm, relaxed and feeling ready for the day ahead, you may notice your skin looking and feeling more supple and rejuvenated too.
My recommended bedtime products:
- Aromatherapy Associates De-stress Muscle Gel– This is amazing anywhere on the body but I find it’s great when my shoulders or neck feel tense. I’ll rub a little of this on to the area just as I’m getting into bed, the smell alone relaxes me.
- Temple Spa Quietude room mist– I love to spritz some of this just over my bed before getting in, it has a mix of essential oils including Juniper oil, Lavender, Eucalyptus oil, Rosemary, Wormwood and Clove which instantly sends you into dreams of being in a spa or relaxing somewhere beautiful.